NEW Update to July's cumulative IE (867801) patch

Discussion in 'Software' started by DavidGP, Jul 31, 2004.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If your still using IE then update.........

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-025.mspx

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Interestingly enough, with SP2 installed, I don't see this update on Windows Update.

I'm not sure if thats a good thing, or a bad thing.

3. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

wait wait wait, you have windows sp2 installed and you are able to get updates? from what site are you getting updates; v4 or v5?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

From the one it came with.

V5.

V4 cannot be used in SP2.

Remember?

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Got it.

IE6 SP2 is not on the list of vulnerable products.

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

oh, i guess mine is one of those defective serial numbers :(

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You mean pirated.

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

umm not really, i bought this copy of windows xp professional when i purchased the parts for my computer at www.magicmicro.com. They had a booth at one of the conventions here and i purchased it there.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

10. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah i know but the original copy is on this computer. and the other computers aren't accessing the internet.

11. Nirvana_CN

Nirvana_CN Private First Class

If they have *EVER* accessed the net then MS will know your a pirate and ban all machines from geting V5 updates.

12. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

no, since i read somewhere that the reason it is defective is because v5 is still beta and there have been known problems with certian serial numbers

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Yep.

Pirated ones.

V5 is unlikely to see very many more changes, if any.

14. Nirvana_CN

Nirvana_CN Private First Class

Im a MS beta Tester. The only PC having problems are the ones using Pirated Codes. I have looked through the bugs section of the new V5 W.Upd and none of them have problems updating unless its an illegal code.

V5 is working perfectly for anyone with a legit Key. It wont be changeing on the realease of SP2 either. V5 is NOT Beta, dunno where you heard that, its fully working and functional now, just awaiting SP2 to be released

If you have a legit key, i suggest you call MS to re-activate. Other wise when SP2 comes out, your stuck.

15. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yeah I have tried contacting MS but they can't help me since v5 is still a beta.

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I expect to see SP2 trm very soon. I am not a beta tester, but we (Microsoft support) are being ramped up big time for SP2.

Regarding the V5 issue:

I don't know what you will expect us to do about it. Pretty pointless to call MS to fix it, because the only thing they will do is reactivate you, or the below:

Here is the scenario.

You call us up.

We either parallel install or format you.

You still can't access Windows Update V5.

You go out and buy a legit copy.

Problem resolved.

17. tre2004

tre2004 Private E-2

actually, that isn't exactly true..
    The part about V5 works for EVERYONE if their not using a pirated copy. I have been trying since the 10th to try to figure out what the F is up with mine. I installed the V5 page on like the 9th of this month, when it was said that it was final or whatever, I installed the active x file, and the V5 page worked on THAT DAY. The next day it took me to V4, but I thought that I was about to install SP2 and that would fix it, BUT IT DIDN'T... Even after I installed SP2 when I go to windows update it takes me to V4. I have tried removing the V4 folder, the v4 active x file, tried reinstalling SP2 (3) TIMES, I have called 1-888-SP2-HELP (3) times and gotten NO HELP. The only thing they told me to do was UNINSTALL SP2, saying that the one that I downloaded wasn't for my machine cause I have media center edition... but I tried to tell her that MCE was windows xp PRO, then I looked on the MICROSOFT page that I downloaded it from, and in SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS MCE was in there.
    I dont' know what to do, right now I have SP2 uninstalled again. Cause I can't get updates if I have it. I can change the V4 to V5 in the address and it still takes me to V4, The only V5 page that I can go to now is the TEST.V5.windowsupdate page....

I DON"T GET IT, IT IS REALLLLLLY PISSSSSING ME OFFFFFF
    HEHE, seriously, I have been trying since the 10th... EVERYDAY... with only that on my mind... on a mission... and can't figure it out. You know how that feels right? No matter how hard you try that you can't fix something... OOOOHHH I hate that!!! Well, this is the 1000th post that I have done ALL OVER THE NET, and GOTTEN NO HELP... BUT, if you think you can help.... PLEASE :rolleyes: TRY TO HELP A BROTHA OUT....
    Thanx... don't hesitate to e-mail me if you need more info, or if you think you can help out. I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds