new USB memory stick help....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-125cdb8a9b, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Anon-125cdb8a9b

Anon-125cdb8a9b Anonymized

I have a memory stick that i have been using for a long time with my old XP desktop, but 2 days ago i got a new pc that is Vista so i need a new memory stick because my new pc cant read the old stick.

so i looked on pc world and found this:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...2&tm=undefined&sku=307848&category_oid=-24886

Now, on that link where it says Vista/XP Complaint (im guessing its a typo and they mean it to be 'Compliant') does that mean that it works with both Vista and XP?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

You shouldn't have any reason your old jumpdrive wont work on vista, what happens when you plug it into the vista machine.

3. Anon-125cdb8a9b

the first time i plugged it into my Vista machine it tried to install the USB memory sticks drivers etc, but failed. Now everytime i try to plug it in and do some of my college work (thats what i use the memory stick for) on my new machine nothing happens.

4. Anon-125cdb8a9b

can anyone else offer some advice?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds