New version of SIW (system info)

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jun 5, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

A new version of SIW (System Information for Windows) was released recently. It's still a great app, but it now requires installation (it was a stand-alone .exe), the Crawler toolbar is now bundled inside it (it's easy to not install the toolbar, just uncheck the box; it's plainly labeled), and the program has more than doubled in size (almost tripled; from 1.4mb to 4mb+ ). But, like I said, it's still free, it's still an excellent tool, and I suspect the inclusion of the toolbar is responsible for the increase in size....

No big deal, just a heads up.....

[dlb]
    :major

SIW http://www.majorgeeks.com/SIW_System_Info_d4387.html

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

if it requires installation now, then somebody should edit the description on the d/l page. - sos

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

dlb, when you install it (without the Toolbar--I hate opt-out Toolbars) it installs as a lot smaller size as you suspected. See my thumbnail. Bazza

===

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds