new videocard

Discussion in 'Software' started by Schwarzie, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Schwarzie

Schwarzie Private E-2

Hello guys i have a geforce 4 4800 ti 128 mb at the moment butt i want to get a new videocard because its old and it makes noise. I have about 200 euro's to spend butt all i find is other 128 mb cards and i am wondering if this makes any difference with my old card. I think that there isn't any 256 mb card to buy for this money butt does anyone have any suggestions. Maybe a ati radeon would be an improvement?

p.s. i also have an yilama 17 inch vm pro 410 and getting a 19 inch vm 451 do you guys think this will make any difference with gaming ? if you look at the spec of the screen i mean not at the size.

Thnx in advance

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

I dont think there is much of any improvement(right now) from a 256mb over a 128MB card ... in a year or so 256 and 512MB cards may be the norm, but I dont think there is a game on the market that takes advantage of 256MB of memory ... the ATI Radeon 9800Pro is about 200$ american dollars I dont know how much that translates into euros but I think that's the best bang for buck right now

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds