New windows2k server install issues.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kodo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

brand new iinstall on a GX100 (DELL).
    p3 733
    i810e integrated chipset

Trying to install a freshy. It copies the files on the first run.. and hangs on reboot on it's way to the second part of installation. I can't figure it out.

Tried 2 different drives: A wd200 and a wd400 the wd100 works just fine. It's the original drive. It has the 80 pin cable. It's jumped to CS.

Tried clearing NVRAM , resetting BIOS and upgrading BIOS to latest version too.

If I can't get some resolution to this, I'm going to have to shoot it.

does anyone have any idea just W T F is going on?

Save my sanity!
    I'm going home now.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Trying to make out exactly what you said, it works fine on the WD100 but not anything else right?

Ill take it this is a IDE drive, is this a built in controller or externel? Maybe you could try loading driver through F6 in windows install, maybe windows doesnt have the proper drivers for whatever reason. Try reseating the RAM, I had a problem where I couldnt get anything to install and it was the RAM.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

only the wd100 works.. I wish I had a driver to try.. the intel drivers are in a win32 format and are 4MB.. so I'm at a loss there. I'm going to try win2003 and see if that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds