New xp pro install missing drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by pongo, Mar 24, 2011.

1. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

I just installed xp pro in my old computor with my serial number but i cant get on the web now,i have ?other devices and ?ethrenet controller

heres some of a everest report if it helps...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Use a different computer and go to your manufacturer's website and download their ethernet drivers. Transfer via cd and install them.

3. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

who,s the manufacture??

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I don't know, it's your computer. Unless you built it. Is it a Dell, eMachine, Toshiba????

5. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

i think its a compaq........

6. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

Attached Files:

7. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Download and install slimdrivers from here...

http://majorgeeks.com/SlimDrivers_d6737.html

let it scan your system and it will show all of the missing and out-dated drivers for your system that are available for downloading, this should pull in your ethernet driver.

If this does not work we need to know the make and model of your machine so as we can be able to get the correct match for your system.

iain.t :major

8. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Just looked at your everest report and it says that you have this type of adapter Marvel Yukon for which the driver can be found here...

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

click on the floppydisc image next to the file version for xp (11.30.1.30)
    click save (to desktop) and scan with your AV, then doubleclick to install.

9. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

i tryed SlimDrivers it did nothing...maybe because that computer cant get on the web...here is a unknown identifire look where it says unknown..

Attached Files:

10. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok that worked thanks very much.....now ,my device manger still shows RAID CONTROLLER ? so im getting popup but driver download always fails??

11. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok i ran slimdrivers to update now my mouse wont work?

12. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok fixed mouse but beside

RAID CONTROLLER i still have ? any idea how to fix this...

13. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi pongo,
    Pleased to hear that you now have internet access!!!;).
    Ok, I don't really know a great deal about the RAID DRIVERS as such but if you rightclick on the problem driver it should give you an option to up-date it, let windows try to determain which driver would be best, or if you have an xp install disc let windows search that if the up-date does not work as I believe that those type of drivers are supposed to be installed together with the OS, so the drivers should be on the install disc.

14. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

i tryed but no go.......SlimDrivers did find a driver that says RAID should i install it.because earlier i did a usb driver from there and my mouse would not work.

15. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you already installed the Chipset driver for your model of motherboard (Asus K8V SE Deluxe)?

So just checking that the only issue in Device Manger is the Raid driver? if so then then the driver you need is this one HERE direct from ASUS and is the bottom driver of the three, highlighted in yellow, so download to your PC, then unzip the file and install from the Setup file.

At some point it would be wise to update your Windows to SP3 (SP = Service Pack)

16. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok thanks all try the driver.

17. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks for jumping in David ;)

18. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok still have raid controller? i have the xp pro serial from the sticker on my computer,and it works well...if i loaded a 32 bit operating system in it will that be ok,or should it be a 64 bit the everest report is a few post,s down maybe this is the problem,please take a look..

im woundering if this xp i put in it is from another one of my computers ,and i need the 64 bit cd for this computer..

CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3000+

19. DavidGP

Hi

No your Windows version is not 64bit its 32bit Windows XP, your CPU is a 64bit one that is capable of running 64bit Windows, or could do depending on the other hardwares compatability with 64bit Windows.

If you installed 32bit Windows then the drivers needed are 32bit, if you had installed 64bit Windows then the drivers would have needed to be 64bit.

The RAID driver issue likely comes from during the install process, not hitting F6 to install the SATA Raid drivers, but then not many folk who dont install Windows alot know this, not anyones fault, just happens.

You should be able to retro install them so did those drivers I linked too install OK, with no errors? and have you rebooted yet as many drivers do need a reboot to fully install?

Apart from this issue on the Raid driver your PC is working ok? and do you actually run a Raid array on your PC? info on Raid arrays HERE

I would be updating to SP3 for XP as I wonder if a few updates are missing, just a guess as drivers should install ok without a Service Pack update.

20. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

i have no idea what raid even is?i did hit f6 durning installation but i guess it did not load?ans as far as i know it is sp3 is it not.

21. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi pongo,
    if you are not running a raid set up as David suggested then I would not be worried about the mark against it in the device manager.
    No you don't have sp3 installed this can be found here...

http://majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Windows_XP_Service_Pack_3_d4323.html

or you could use windows update to find and install it.

22. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

ok i fixed this computer.alls good here..im giving it to my brother but everytime i hook it up to his internet when he trys to get on the web he get connot display web page?

23. DavidGP

Hi

Ok cool on fixed driver wise, did the SP3 help?

As for internet post a new thread into the Software forum on this and we will see what we can find out, not being arsey about where to post its just some members concentrate on specific areas of PCs and you may not get an answer to this last question in the drivers forum as folks are looking and the title and it being a driver issue.

But before you post a new thread as quick thing I would try is disable any security software first and then see if you can connect and also make sure if this is a laptop that its connected to the WiFi router ok, but pop a new thread in software and we should be able to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds