New XPSP2 system, and hundreds of event ID errors!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MistressRene, Nov 23, 2006.

1. MistressRene

MistressRene Private First Class

Hello all.
    Here we go again. This time with this brand new machine. I just don't get it! maybe someone out there has some magic they can weave upon me, as I am just about ready to give it up!

I just had a new system build for me last week, and in that 1 week, I have had 2 BSOD with errors:
    IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in the section 0X0000000A .
    I had NO really big problems, so I have been loading this new machine up with all of my stuff.
    I rebooted, as I had added software, and found myself doing a chdisk. This was my 1st HUGE error.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Ntfs
    Event Category: Disk
    Event ID: 55
    Date: 11/21/2006
    Time: 1:35:23 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: THEBEAST
    Description:
    The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:
    I let that run overnight. I had been awakened at 3am :(
    I checked on the scan progress. It was at 67% last step. I went back to sleep. Woke up, checked on the machine, and the scan was stuck at that 67%, so I rebooted into safemode. The machine would NOT load into safemode, so I was able to do a rollback and my new machine seemed perfect once again. No errors...
    until today .. today the "S" is hitting the fan!
    I have OVER 100 assorted "ESENT" errors, I will list the EVENT ID/s and associations:
    Event ID: 485
    Event Category: General
    Description: svchost (1304) An attempt to delete the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb" failed with system error 1392 (0x00000570):
    "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. ". The delete file operation will fail with error -1022 (0xfffffc02).
    Event ID: 439
    Event Category: Logging/Recovery
    Description: Catalog Database (1304) Unable to write a shadowed header for file C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb. Error -1022.
    Event ID: 490
    Event Category: General
    Description: svchost (1304) An attempt to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb" for read / write access failed with system error 1392 (0x00000570): "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1022 (0xfffffc02).
    --
    Then while I was getting all these errors, I was working at the same time, with no problem. Didn't even know I had any error till I looked later! When I was ready to shut down this afternoon so we could go for out turkey.
    This is when I saw all of those error and this biggy again:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Ntfs
    Event Category: Disk
    Event ID: 55
    Date: 11/23/2006
    Time: 8:34:35 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: THEBEAST
    Description:
    The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:

Why is this happening, and what can I and should I do about it.
    Thanks!
    -------
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
    --
    2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    --
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N-E 1.XX
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS M2N-E ACPI BIOS Revision 0203 06/15/2006
    --
    WDC WD4000YR-01PLB0 [Hard drive] (400.09 GB) drive 1
    WDC WD2000JB-32EVA0 [Hard drive] (200.05 GB) drive 2
    WDC WD20 00JB-00FUA0 USB Device [Hard drive] (200.05 GB) drive 3
    IOMEGA ZIP 100 [Hard drive] drive 0
    HP photosmart 7700 USB Device [Hard drive] drive 4

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds