New York Times Crossword Problem with Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by JerryA19, Jun 13, 2013.

1. JerryA19

JerryA19 Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum. Is it the place to try to get an answer to a technical problem I've been having with the New York Times Crossword puzzle page. I am a NYT Crossword puzzle subscriber and use Firefox. I can log on to NYT, but when I go to the Crossword puzzle page it appears that I am not logged in. If I try to log in, nothing happens. I called NYT. They said to use Chrome, which works, but is not my chosen browser.
    I've cleared Cache/Cookies. I've updated Firefox, and gotten rid of all old Java versions. I have Across lite installed. I've looked on Mozilla with no success.
    Any suggestions. Is it better to go to a different forum?
    Thanks.
    Jerry

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

For that site, use what they've suggested.

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Are these puzzles Java-based? If so, is the Java plugin enabled in Firefox?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. JerryA19

JerryA19 Private E-2

Thanks for the responses. Java is enabled on my Firefox, and I've tried all other suggestions. I suspect I'll have to continue to use Chrome.
    I appreciate the help.
    Jerry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds