Nextbook Nx700qc V1.0.12.20140812644

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Seahawk7, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Seahawk7

Seahawk7 Private E-2

OK, I'm convinced this tablet is just a piece of junk, but maybe it's not. As per some YT video that I watched, I selected SETTINGS, MORE, USB Internet and the version of Windows that I use on my PC, and I still can't get online. I reset it and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Help! Please!

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

What are you trying to do?

3. Seahawk7

Seahawk7 Private E-2

I'm trying to get online. At one point last year I was able to get online doing what I posted above and download apps but accessing email was always difficult. Now I can't get online at all.

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Post the YouTube link, please.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You lost me there. Why would the version of Windows you use have anything to do with a tablet running Android?

Android tablets connect wirelessly. Do you have a wireless router? If not, take your tablet to a location with free wifi.

It is Settings, Wifi (make sure it is on)

Apparently I wrote this yesterday then never posted my reply.

Here is a link to connect to wifi on android.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-connect-your-android-tablet-to-a-wifi-netwo.html

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I believe Seahawk7 is trying to piggyback his PC's internet connection via a USB cable. I too doubt this is possible but I would like to see the instructional video to see what exactly he is trying to do.

7. Seahawk7

Seahawk7 Private E-2

I don't remember if this is the exact video that I used, but the directions are the same:

8. Seahawk7

Seahawk7 Private E-2

Thanks for the link, but I don't have a wifi router. I was using a USB cable when it did let me get online.

9. plodr

Everything I see, including your video is for a phone.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-tether-an-internet-connection-with-an-andro.html

When you tether a tablet, it already has internet access and you are sharing it with another device
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-share-your-android-tablets-internet-via-tet.html

So if you want to go online with an Android tablet that does not have cellphone capability, you either have to a) get a wifi router, b) use it at a free hotspot or c) tether to a cellphone with a data plan.

10. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Seahawk7, pardon my intrusion...

plodr, I tether my Android Smartphone to my PC to use it's modem and data. I can do this via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
    Can I not do this with an Android tablet?

11. plodr

No.

The exception would be a tablet that has mobile included. I don't think the Nextbook does. It is wifi only not wifi and cellular.
    Says this when I checked the specs: Wifi b/g/n

Eldon likes this.
  12. Seahawk7

Seahawk7 Private E-2

Thanks for the tips, guys, but I think I was right about the tablet because it won't work at all now. Live and learn.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds