nForce 3 250 chipset mobo's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kman, Apr 17, 2004.

1. kman

kman Private First Class

Does anyone know when this chipset is going to start appearing on mobo's? Also, does anyone know of any test results/comparisons with this new chipset? Link them to me please!!! :cool:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. kman

kman Private First Class

Thanks for the links. After reading those, I was going to wait for the new Nforce chipset but I think I am going with the VIA KT chipset. Anyne want to elaborate on the difference in the two chipsets? :cool:

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

nF3 250 has a fixed AGP/PCI lock which is a great help when you're overclocking, the VIA chipset doesn't have the AGP/PCI lock (as far as I know that is) so overclocking won't be as good.
    then again, if you're not going to overclock it's pretty useless to wait for the nF3 250.

5. Mistic

Mistic Private E-2

The Abit Max 3 has a proprietary agp/pci locking system but the trick is you have to get the fsb up to a certian number (I forget the number) for it to kick in. The problem is none of the A64's can get that high so it's kinda pointless.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds