NIC speed & duplex full 100mbps causing adapter to disable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skeptical, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Skeptical

Skeptical Private E-2

As the title says everytime i change speed and duplex to auto or 100mbps full it causes my adapter to disable and enable. half seems to work but why can i not use these settings?

2. Skeptical

Skeptical Private E-2

Anyone?

3. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

What speed and mode is at the other end? Maybe mismatch?

4. Skeptical

Skeptical Private E-2

What you mean i am new to all of this so i dont know anything

5. Imandy Mann

Google your top title. 'NIC speed & duplex full 100mbps causing adapter to disable'. The first listing on my results is your thread. Read some of the next listings in the results. Seems somewhere you run into a slower or differently configured switch, or other hardware or other bottleneck. If it works good in half duplex can you tell the difference? What type service do you have compared to what kind of service you expect?

6. Skeptical

Skeptical Private E-2

Im using comcast at the moment with a modem/router they gave me

a techy came by to fix my issue and changed my speed & duplex on my adapter to 10mbps half

But never told me why he had to do it

7. Imandy Mann

So how is your internet? I've had comcast before with a 250gb limit I could never max out! Could download ,and watch video, download programs- big ones, even while others were online gaming at the same time. I think the games were on a port that didn't even affect my total gbyte. Most I ever went was 90 gbyte. You would have to be a movie buff to come close to the warning level. So how is it working?

8. Skeptical

Skeptical Private E-2

its working fine atm but now my max down is 10mbps my down before was 63mbps

9. Imandy Mann

So let's try something for a comparison. I went to the lounge here.WAYLT music thread. On page 5 mimsy has a video of shinedown 'Bully' about halfway down the post. After about 3 minutes it started to play and then went to the little whirling circle about every 45 seconds. Does your's play on through the whole thing? I'm on a wireless out in the county. You see the difference?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds