NMI: Parity Check/ Memory Parity Error, when WLAN ENABLED. Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Software' started by mikel33, Jun 10, 2011.

1. mikel33

mikel33 Private E-2

Hi,

I have been dealing with this NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error ***The System Has Halted*** Blue Screen.

I've narrowed it down to the internal Wifi WLAN card on this Dell laptop. I've already tried new RAM. I even ordered a new WLAN card from Dell.. As soon as I install the driver, specifically BCMWL5.sys, I get that BSOD with the old card and the new. If I disable the adapter, I can boot.

Anyone know the solution?

Specs:

Dell Inspiron E1505
    XP
    2GB Ram
    Old WLAN: 1390
    New WLAN: 1395

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mikel33, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

I am seeing a BIOS update for that model that may pertain to your symptoms:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=212350

However, I am always hesitant to recommend BIOS flashes because of the inherent danger - you might want to do some research yourself.

I'm curious: have you tried installing a 3rd-party wireless adapter (Belkin, Linksys, etc.) to see if you get the same symptoms? Might be worth a shot - a USB adapter would not only be practically useful, but for troubleshooting purposes you might be able to tell where the issue is actually stemming from (Windows, motherboard, RAM, etc.).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds