No active Admin accounts

Discussion in 'Software' started by maddaire, Sep 24, 2004.

1. maddaire

maddaire Private E-2

I have a WXP sp2 laptop that has three accounts not including the preinstalled Dell accounts. One is the built-in Administrator account that is both disabled and I don't know the password to anyway. The second account is a power user. The third account is just a User. How can I can I gain Admin priviledges with out an admin account?

2. DaRkKn1qHt

DaRkKn1qHt Private First Class

Have you checked to see what your settings are in the user setup menu? Located in "Control Panel"->"Users". In here you can set privelages for the users on your machine.

3. maddaire

maddaire Private E-2

I have gone in to My Computer/Manage and looked at each account.

4. DaRkKn1qHt

Ok if you reboot into Safe Mode you can access the administrator account. With this account you can set the privelages that you wish to use on your account.

5. maddaire

maddaire Private E-2

No I don't have the password as someone else set this computer up. That is the problem I don't have access to any administrator accounts so I can not do anything administrative, ie change passwords, create and account etc...

6. DaRkKn1qHt

7. maddaire

maddaire Private E-2

Thanks I will give it a try over the weekend!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds