No audio found after failed system restore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by catchmyfire, Aug 24, 2013.

1. catchmyfire

catchmyfire Private E-2

I'm running XP. Yesterday I installed iobit malware, and started receiving errors right away, so I uninstalled with advanced system care's uninstaller. I kept getting said errors when I tried running multiple programs, so I tried a system restore. The restore failed, but afterward I had no audio. Now it says all my drivers are working but the hardware isn't found. What should I do?

(Realtek High Definition Audio, Audials Sound Capturing, Aduio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Control Devices, etc... all say error code 41.)

services.msc: Windows Audio Service is automatic and started.

Thank you for any help!

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

welcome to Major Geeks!

You could try another system restore point. If you previously tried it through windows, try it via Safe Mode. Boot the computer into safe mode and select "Safe mode with Command Prompt". The PC should boot to a Dos type screen. At the prompt, type C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter. Wait till the system restore program starts; and it can take a while for it to start, depending on your system. I've seen it take between 5 - 10mins on a really slow system. Once it does start, pick a restore point before you had the problem start, and also before the last one you tried. I've had this method work where system restore had failed through Windows.

If it still fails:

Reinstall the audio driver. If you have a commercial PC like a Dell, HP, Gateway, Etc., go to the manufacturer's website page for your PC and download the driver for the audio there. Sometimes commercial PC manufacturers use proprietary drivers for motherboard systems.

If a homebuilt system, go to the motherboard manufacturer's site and get the driver from there.

Let us know how you are doing with it :)

3. catchmyfire

catchmyfire Private E-2

That did the trick! I've got sound back, AND other issues I was having are fixed too! I'm your new biggest fan. :)

4. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

You're welcome.

I'm glad you got it squared away, and thank you for posting back with a resolution. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds