No audio in Streaming Video

Discussion in 'Software' started by yooji, Sep 27, 2007.

1. yooji

yooji Private E-2

I have a problem that I can't quite figure out.

I went away for the summer for work, and while i was gone somebody was messing around with my computer.
    When I got back i noticed i have no audio on any of my streaming videos on websites like google video, youtube or break.com
    The wierd thing is I do get audio one or two smaller websites that don't host off of those 'big names'.
    Anyhow I tried to solve the problem myself but have found no luck.
    I tried virus scans, spyware, any kind of scanner they have listed on the net.
    I reinstalled internet explorer, i tried using fire fox. No avail. All sound settings are set to high, and i double checked on both the browser and control panel (my music works perfectly). I reinstalled quick time and windows media player even followed some wanky instructions on the net to figure it out but to no avail.
    The only solution I could think of is doing a system restore, but I've modified my computer so much and its been so long since the computers been running since the problem cropped up that I dont think it will work and I dont want to try to change it.

Anybody help?

Thanks

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

What about flash player? Did you uninstall that and reinstall that to. A lot of video sites use flash player.

3. yooji

yooji Private E-2

oh yeah , sorry left that out too.

Yeah i uninstalled and reinstalled that too.

its ridiculous

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds