No battery detected or visable in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cruzskiper2, Sep 10, 2012.

1. cruzskiper2

cruzskiper2 Private E-2

Hi, hope I'm in the right thread with my lab top battery problem.

I have a Compaq Presario M2108US laptop computer with a Intel Celeron M Processor 360 (1.4GHz,1MB L2 cache, 400MHz FSB and 256MB DDR)and 56g 802.11b/g WLAN.

Running WinXP Home, version 2002 and service pack 3

Is there anyone who can help me get my battery icon issue fixed. And also, there is no tab in my Device Manager for battery as well. This is what i see in my device manager;

LAPTOP
    Computer
    Disk Drives
    Display adapters
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    Floppy disk controllers
    Human Interface Devices
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers
    Keyboards
    Mice and other pointing devices
    Modems
    Monitors
    Network adapters
    PCMCIA adapters
    Sound, video and game controllers
    Universal Serial Bus controllers

Shouldn't I have Battery after laptop in that list?

Battery Bar, a lil app for battery monitoring, doesn't recognize a battery and windows apparently is unable to detect the presence of a battery ether.

I've spent the weekend trying to track down the problem and tried many fixes in the process, but nothing is working.

I tried cleaning and re-seating the battery (Brand new quality battery, which works great and lasts about 4 to 5 hours).
    Removing the battery, pushing the power button for a minuet to drain residual and turning the computer back on, with the battery and trying it with just the AC power plugged in. (System tray still shows as if its plugged in even when running just off battery)
    I updated my BIOS and Chip set with the latest drivers from manufacturer.

Is there a fix for this issue or is my old laptop unable to recognize battery? I would prefer not to have to reinstall windows and that's really not even possible as I have lost the winxp disc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also noticed I'm missing Power and Alarms Tab

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds