No Bios after fit PCI-E Graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flashhead2010, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Flashhead2010

Flashhead2010 Private E-2

Purchased a PCI-E graphics card to replace my onboard graphics card, now there is no boot up even to the BIOS,
    If i unplug the card and go back to the original onboard graphics, it is still fine,
    I can't see any way to disable the onboard graphics in BIOS and there are no jumper links, so i assume it must be automatic.
    Any suggestions? It was ATI xpress 200 graphics and the new card is a nvideo 7000 series.
    :cry

2. alienray

alienray Private E-2

as it is booting up go to f8 and choose safe mode with graphics. it has worked for me. good luck and if all else fails GO POSTAL you will feel better.

3. Flashhead2010

Thanks for the response, but i don't even get the screen to the bios, I can't hear the hard drive kicking in. What next?

4. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

make sure the power connector on the card is connected and make sure your psu is powerful enough to run the card

sounds like the pcie card don't have enough power

what is the wattage on your psu ( is should say on the side someware)

5. Flashhead2010

It is 350 Watts. I thought that this could be the possible problem too.

6. Chances are that PSU is too weak.
    Have you got the exact model card you are trying to put in? Then we can tell you if that is the case.

7. Flashhead2010

Its a Gigabyte 256MB/512MB Geforce 7300SE PCI-E Graphic Card, also connected inside the desktop is a internal Dvd drive, floppy drive, sata drive and an ide drive, two slots taken up with 512mb of ram each. and it has a 3.4gb pentium 4 (not prescott) Lower wattage one. case is a BTX design.

8. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

check the side of the psu

what are the amp ratings need at least 20 on the +12

9. Flashhead2010

Not had a chance to look at output, but I disconnected the spare hard drive, Floppy drive and Dvd burner, I would have thought that this would give me a big enough increase to make a difference, but still have same problem.

10. Flashhead2010

Checked my supply and it has 16 amps on +12v, but tried the card on my Pc at work and it doesn't boot up there as well.

11. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

well card might be DOA

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds