No bootable start up disk

Discussion in 'Software' started by skerbie, Aug 21, 2003.

1. skerbie

skerbie Private E-2

Hey Geeks...I need to install win 98 on a system that wont boot and my copy of windows is also non-bootable...I don' care what happens to the contents of the hard drive...Actually, I am going to format the drive...Right now if I turn the computer on it gets to- "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
    please reinstall a copy of the above file"

then you press a key and start over...So all I really want is to get my win 98 on a clean system...Hook me up geeks :D

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

3. skerbie

skerbie Private E-2

that's funny...i was just at that site and got side tracked by something...It doesn't take much for that to happen, usually just something shiny...Anyways, you reminded me what I was doing ...lets see how it goes :)

4. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

LOL!! Hope it works out....

Something shiny,, I like that...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds