No control panel in Google search engine

Discussion in 'Software' started by durkinjt, Mar 16, 2015.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

I recently re-installed to factory. I am using Google Chrome for my search engine, for some reason there is no control panel in the google Search engine, Pain in the neck , especially if I open a program and want to make a desktop icon.Any ideas appreciated. T.I.A.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I can't think what you mean by no control panel in Google search engine, but to create a desktop shortcut to any program just right click its executable and use Send To > Desktop (Create shortcut)

3. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

Sorry, the computer is a Lenovo k450, 2T HD, 12 G Ram, i7Intel.

4. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

The control pane is for Google Chrome, all my other computers have the panel in Google, same feature as "Create Short cut" in I.E., without it you cannot put a program on Taskbar.

5. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

Thanks, maybe I am being unclear, i know how to put something on a taskbar, I know Google is a search engine, all google search engines running in Chrome have a control panel (3 horizontal lines), gives a series of options, this one does not.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

So to be clear, on this fresh install, the 3 horizontal lines at the far right never appears?

If that is true, you might want to uninstall chrome, your browser, and try to install it again with a new download.
    https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

7. wilddean

wilddean Private E-2

Is what your referring to the Favourites bar, If you go to settings on chrome (using the 3 lines in the top left, then click on Bookmarks, Choose Show bookmarks bar, You will then be able to click the Star (at the end of the area you type the urls ((Web address)) ) this will aks you if you want to place these favourites on the bookmarks bar

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds