No facebook access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hurdy_gurdyman, Dec 23, 2012.

1. hurdy_gurdyman

hurdy_gurdyman Private E-2

Hi. I can bring up my facebook page, but the content is blank. My old slow computer can bring it all in. I'm using a Presario laptop with Vista. I've run Panda Cloud, SUPERANTISpyware and Spybot with no luck. Any suggestions what to try next?

Dave

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

What web browser are you using when you get this problem? Can you post a screenshot?

3. hurdy_gurdyman

I'm using Firefox. Not sure how to do a screen shot. Picture a facebook page with all the info at the top of the page, but blank where the posts should be. I can access my account settings, but no posts.

BTW, facebook comes in fine on Google Chrome.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Adblock can cause the situation. What happens if you run Firefox in Safe mode? Also, what version of firefox are you using?

As for the Screen shot, you press the key that says 'Prtsc", then paste it in Paint if you use Windows, save as a .jpg, then upload the image under "Go Advanced" under the Quick reply box.

5. hurdy_gurdyman

Hmm, after three days of not working on firefox, it suddenly is working. Not sure what happened. Firefox updates itself frequently on my computer, and this issue started right after an update. Anyway, it seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for the help.

Dave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds