no hibernate option in XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

just did a clean install of XP.. went into control panel/power options, and there is no tap for "Hibernate".. is this strange?

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi Immaculate it should be there power options properties third box along [Hibernate".. ]

3. Vlad the Impaler

I know it should be there but it isn't! When I go into power options, I only have 3 tabs at the top, and they are 1) "Power Schemes", 2) Advanced 3) UPS

NO Hibernate tab, and it's not in the advanced tab.. what the????

This is a clean install of XP Pro

4. S0mE0nEsMiNd

S0mE0nEsMiNd Private E-2

This happend to me....stand-by was not working, it was greyed out on shut down. When you go to your device manager (press your windows key & pause break) and click hardware, then click device manager, does it say standard PC at the top under computer? thats what happend to me, it didnt detect ACPI when I installed windows, and I had to reinstal windows again. Now it says ACPI Multiprocessor PC

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Immac,

Does it say ACPI (Uniprocessor or Multiprocessor) PC?

If so, I have another possibility before you re-install.

6. Vlad the Impaler

I just reinstalled my sound and video drivers and lo and behold the hibernate feature came back.. It must have something to do with the drivers, I didn't think it would matter... thanks for the help.

7. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Glad to hear (see!) that you're able to hibernate again, Immaculate!

Who'da thunk those drivers would have anything to do with it? Sound and Vid drivers and Hibernation???

8. Vlad the Impaler

not sure about that.. except for some reason the computer can't hibernate without proper drivers installed.

9. S0mE0nEsMiNd

S0mE0nEsMiNd Private E-2

PC's Cant Shutdown properly (having to push the power button after telling it to shut down)
    Cant Go into standy by
    Cant go into hibernate
    Cant scroll webpages correctly

without the correct VIDEO drivers, sound are irrelevant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds