No Java in the Chrome Plugin List

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lionius, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Lionius

Lionius Private E-2

I just downloaded Java countless times from Google Chrome. I checked the plug in list, and there is nothing there. What do I do.?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

That would be most likely that you have not installed it. Really, unless you have a need for Java, you do not need it. Same with Flash. By design, Java has been disabled in browsers, due to ongoing issues with large security holes that Oracle will not repair in the software, that have been there for years.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Should have added, go to http://java.com/en/ then click on Free Java Download button. Then click on "Agree and Start Free Download". It will download the latest java to your download folder, then you just have to click on the package to install.

Make sure that you close Chrome, also in settings for Chrome, make sure that under Advanced Settings at the bottom, in System, that "
    Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed" is not checked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds