No Java! when I use ie6 but mozilla works fine!

Discussion in 'Software' started by anvilring, Aug 26, 2004.

1. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

So how do I find what's blocking the pop-ups (java applets included!!!) on my ie6?? I've got spybot search and destroy on here as well as adaware but I don't see any place in those programs where there's an ad blocker enabled? How can I find whats doing this!!???*****^^^! I've got the latest java from sun ms. and in my browser options under advanced, all the right boxes checked....

tia, mitch

2. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

You didn't give an specs. Have you made the jump to SP2? It has a built in pop-up blocker for ie.

3. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

I'm sorry to say I don't know what SP-2 is... however I went to Sun's website and got the latest version on Java and I'm running the best version on their run time invironment.

4. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

I was referring to Windows XP Service Pack 2. It includes a pop-up blocker for internet explorer that would block all pop-ups including java based pop-ups. If you have another version of Windows then this would not apply. To be able to help further, more information is needed, what OS you arer running, etc. If it isn't SP-2, I do not have any other ideas, unless you have managed to install some 3rd party pop-up stopper like
    POP-Up Stopper Free Edition, however I am sure some of the other people might have an idea.

5. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

I know I need to get xp but for now I'm running 98 and I've installed the latest patches etc... for it. I'll bet MS will stop supporting it soon so I'll get xp here soon; will that in itself fix the problem ya think???

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds