No POST after ASUS mobo splash screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by augiedoggie, Jun 16, 2008.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

OK, ASUS A8N-E and an old 7 year SB 5.1 sound card. I may have been too stupid to turn off the system before disconnecting my speaker plugs though i did turn the speakers off. I have since checked all connections and all seem tight.

The PSU is still good I believe as everything powers up, Thermaltake 420. It just locked up and neither the kbrd nor the mouse worked. It just sits @ the ASUS splash screen now upon reboot. No beeps either.

Any reasonable options to check? Only other things that I can do are to remove the SB card and/or change the X2 proc I have back to the Venice +3000. Help please. TIA.

2. augiedoggie

Well, at least if I could get past the POST, I would gladly wipe it as XP is on it's own 20
    GB partition.

3. augiedoggie

OK, I was going to wait until tomorrow but this kept b ugging me! Reconnected everything and lost the SB 5.1 card too, everything's up! Thanks guys.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds