No Post after overclock..HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Sj, Jan 3, 2004.

1. The_Sj

The_Sj Private E-2

I just bought an athlon xp 2800+ with a MSI K7N2-ILSR mb and I thought I'd see what the cpu could do, I went into the bios and changed the fsb to 175, it booted and ran fine, I restarted and this time put it up to 180, after saving and restarting I got nothing, I tried removing the battery, unplugging it, changing video cards, no luck. I really need this to be resolved, so please any suggestions. Thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

unplug it.. find the cmos reset jumper and reset your cmos. if you can't find a jumper, pull the board's battery out for 30 seconds and then put it back in. plug it back in and restart your machine.

3. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

4. matheu

matheu Private E-2

try one or both of these. 1, unplug your rig first then pull the battery, for about 30 seconds, replace the battery, plug the rig back in, then start. Or, unplug the rig, pull the jumper to clear cmos,replace jumper,plug the rig in and try to boot. This is important, before you touch anything on your mobo, touch your power supply. This will discharge any static electricity in your body, safely. hopefully one of these work

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds