No Post past intel screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whitg1, Jun 13, 2008.

1. whitg1

whitg1 Private E-2

Recently purchased a intel d945grw motherboard, i turn on comp. and it will not boot past the intel screen that shows bios settings <f2>. Please Help as i have not had any help from intel!!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    The first thing I'd do is unplug the power cord from the PC, open the case, and check all the cables and connections (both the power connections and data connections) and make sure everything is firmly and completely plugged it and connected correctly. Do the same for all cards and RAM sticks; remove them from the respective slots, and re-install them completely and firmly. If there's alot of dust, crud, and debris in there, take the PC outside and blow it out with canned air or an air compressor. Clean all the fans, heat sinks, the power supply, everything. Locate the CMOS jumper and move to the position to clear the BIOS settings to factory default. Check the motherboard manual for details on location and for what pins are what; usually pins 1 & 2 are 'normal' or 'default' and pins 2 & 3 are for 'reset'. Leave the jumper on reset as per the manual, then move it back to normal or default position. After doing all this, try to power up (remember the power cord has been unplugged thru all of this). If you still get no-where, start disconnecting devices one-by-one. Start with devices not essential to booting into Windows like the modem or LAN card, sound card, CD drives, floppy drives, etc. If you have more than one memory stick, remove all but one. If you have both a video card and on board video, remove the card and plug the display into the on board connector.... this is all basic troubleshooting and is a pain-in-the-you-know-what, but it's necessary to pinpoint the problem. You just might find/fix the problem right away. A loose data or power cable can cause all sorts of strangeness. I have also seen bad floppy drives prevent a PC from booting up correctly. So, follow the above, and try booting up after each step. With any luck, the PC will boot up normally after the first or second step....

Good luck! Keep us posted!

3. whitg1

whitg1 Private E-2

I have allready tried these and it still did not work. I was wondering if maybe someone had flashed the motherboard and got it stuck here. Any ideas are greatly appreciated or links to any thing that might help!! All the motherboards i have ever gotten if they boot to a screen they have been good it was just a matter of setting up the bios. This is the first one i have ever had that got stuck one the first screen that pops up!!!! Thanks Again for all the HELP!!!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds