No Restore Point file/Not enabled in Windows 7 Ultimate, Not installed

Discussion in 'Software' started by monpad_21, Jan 8, 2010.

1. monpad_21

monpad_21 Private E-2

Good day, Guys!

Just signed in.

Hope u can assist me on this-while creating a restore point in Windows 7 Ultimate, this always prompt out "Error", "Not installed"/"No file of this sort", "Disabled", and/or my PC just hang up. Can't also find restore point in "search" and "registry". What seems to be the problem(s). A friend suggest to me to reinstall the restore point file. But I can't find also an installable file for restore point.

Sorry, just a freebie and a tech novie. help!

Thanx in advance.

p.s.

My PC can't also download/install windows updates. Always getting error messages and try again prompt. And lately, my IE 8 will not show itself in the monitor and seems not responding to open command. Thanx again in advance for the help.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Either malware or some serious system file problems.

I don't know 7 well, but I'll assume it supports sfc /scannow at a command prompt?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Plodr,

That confused me. From your link:

WARNING
    System Protection will need to be turned on for the select drive that you wish to create a restore point for.

Also the article says system restore points are auto made everyday and I think monpad's problem was no restore points allowed. It really sounds like malware or corrupt system, but I could be wrong.

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here's the link I wished to post
    Code:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/697-system-restore-point-create.html?filter[2]=Backup%20Restore
    which the forum software got confused on with the brackets in the url.

First mistake, I did not double-check if the link worked.
    Second mistake and it was a beaut! I read on and saw off. :-o
    If you are gonna fall on your face, be sure to do it well! ;)

Since I can't edit my post above, let me put it in bold
    System Protection will need to be turned on for the select drive that you wish to create a restore point for.

Maybe if I report myself, someone can go in and clean up the mess above.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds