"No Signal" Monitor controls?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shart@nucleus.com, Dec 18, 2010.

1. shart@nucleus.com

shart@nucleus.com Private E-2

Box in the centre saying "No Signal" with R/G/B coloured boxes underneath. OS XP-SP3 and Flatscreen is GEForce 6100, Gateway HD2200
    Recent History today: I was removing Canon (picture editing) programs that hadn't been used since 2006, and changed my Firewall from Outpost to Online Armour. After Restart i have this "No Signal" small coloured window.
    Monitor On/Off Touch Menu at the side of the monitor is royal blue and no able to change any settings for video and resolution.
    I opened NVidia to try the Optimize Wizard, but couldn't find any 'controls' they referred too, to adjust any colours/brightness etc...
    My Recovery Discs are at the local computer store, so unable to recover those till next week? Thank you for ur help - i am a novice; so instructions need to be detailed. Sue Hart

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What happens when you start in safe mode?

3. shart@nucleus.com

shart@nucleus.com Private E-2

Plodr - i restarted and chose safe mode, the monitor control menu responded immediately asking for settings.. i was able to set and now that 'box' is no longer active.
    Thank you so much, never even considered trying safe mode.
    Sue Hart Edmonton, AB, Canada

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds