No Signal to monitor on new PC build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matthewj, Jun 26, 2008.

1. matthewj

matthewj Private E-2

I have been in IT for 10+ years and been at this office for about 5. I am in charge of buying new PCs when we need them and I am having a bit of a problem. I wanted XP machines so I opted to build them. Being in the professional IT world not many people build them any more so its been 3+ years since I built a machine.

For some reason I have everything put where it is supposed to go and I am not getting any video out signal. All the fans fire up, everything is making noise but no video. Here is what I am using:

Asus P5GC-MX/1333 board
    Celeron 430 1.8 GHz
    Kingston RAM
    ExcelStor 80gb HD
    Sony 18x DVDRW

Anything you guys can think of off hand. I am going to take a picture of it when I get it home to see if you can see anything wrong with it. I have the 4 pin power connector plugged in the only way it will go with the 2 arrows facing each other. I am having this issues on both PCs I am building also.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Clear cmos, try each stick of ram in each of the slots, go to bios, load defaults, maybe increase ram voltage but kingston should be fine with default.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds