No Software Installs On Toshiba Satellite L655-s5103

Discussion in 'Software' started by NationalAcrobat, Oct 9, 2016.

1. NationalAcrobat

NationalAcrobat Private First Class

Hello. I ran a factory restore on this machine. The restore seems to have run fine (although it never asked for a windows product key). The issue is that many programs will not update or install. The software for my printer as well as the game (fate) I am trying to play are among the programs that will not complete the installation process. Any thoughts? I sure appreciate ya. Thanks.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Can you confirm what Operating System and edition you are running on that Toshiba, whether it is 32 bit or 64bit and have all windows updates including service packs been installed since the factory reset?

3. NationalAcrobat

yea. windows 7 64bit. I looked at the update history and the only service pack i saw was sp1. I just downloaded all available updates

4. NationalAcrobat

tried to run windows update. seemed like it ran fine. then after the restart it said the update had failed. now when i check for updates it just runs forever and never shows an update to dl. This seems like alot of problems to have right after a fresh factory restore

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I just re-installed Win 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 on my laptop. I've had issues with getting updates for Win 7 in the (recent) past (so have others here at the Forums). We've resorted to using wsus offline update to "kick start" Windows Update in Win 7.

This time, it took nearly 3 hours for wsus to list id's of missing updates and it downloaded 224. The Update Installer installed 164 of them. After wsus Update Installer completed, I ran Windows Update to check for more Updates and there were 81 more including one labelled SP1 (it must have been a patch for SP1).

There were several Updates that Failed but, running WU several times afterward downloaded and installed those failed Updates and I'm now fully patched and ready for today's (patch Tuesday) group of updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds