No sound from rear speakers, realtek hd ..

Discussion in 'Software' started by conz1985, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conz1985

conz1985 Private E-2

I recently plugged out my speaker and tried to use headphone, however when i replugged in my speakers, my rear speakers don't work. I have tried everything, i have downloaded the new HD audio codec, installed and reinstalled the realtekdevice several times, let windows detect the realtek drivers and nothing works. This is really annoying because everything was working fine before i tried to test my headphone and now this. i have checked the speaker fill box, i have gone to audio device manager and tried to configure the device from there with no luck. The speakers are not the problem because the rear speakers work if i configure the set up to quadraphonic. but it doesn't work when i set it to stereo. I am out of ideas, and i really need help.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

How many speakers are you using? It sounds like 4 or more.
    Are you sure you have set the Realtek Audio Manager up properly?
    It should be set something similar to this:

Attached Files:

3. conz1985

conz1985 Private E-2

i have only 2 speaker so i chose stereo however it doesn't work. the speaker only work in the autotest when the configure is set to quadraphonic.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Are you plugged into the right jack?
    Also, try plugging headphones ito the front audio jack to check for sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds