no Sound, Video and Game Controlers in device manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rina, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Rina

Rina Private E-2

I have a Toshiba portege M600, with Windows Vista. My hard drive was recently replace and after running the recovery disc on my laptop i have no audio and it says that i have no audio output device installed. However, when I looked at my programs I did see it there, so I tried to unistall but when I did it said that installation failed and it disappeared from my programs. So I tried to install it again but it still didn't work. I've looked at other fthreads and noticed that I didn't have the sound, video and game controller heading on the device manager.
    Please help!

2. Rina

Rina Private E-2

Here is my Everest report

Attached Files:

3. Rina

Rina Private E-2

I forgot to mention that I've already tried the audio device fix on Toshiba Asia and it does not work as it only supports 84bit programs, or at least that is what popped up when I tried to install it. I've also been to the BIOS to check that my Windows audio is started and automatic, and have tried the whole stop and change setting then starting it again fix.
    PS in case it matters, the recovery disk I used was not mine as I didn't know to burn one and I originally had Windows Vista Home Basic but the recovery disk I used to recover to factory default was Windows Vista Home Premium

4. blackcivic

blackcivic Private E-2

have you tried to reload the drivers

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rina

Could you open Device Manager up (just click Start and type Device Manager into the Start Search box and it will show in the search list) then tell us what devices have any Yellow ! Marks by them?

If you have had a re-install then its very possible that the chipset driver was not installed or needs updating, as this driver is crucial to the correct ID of many other components including Audio and USB.

So try this download and install the Intel Chipset driver from here once done reboot if not prompted to do so.

Then download and I have no idea why Toshiba have these in two parts so read the instructiosn on the page to install, the two Audio driver packages for the M600

Part 1
    Part 2

then reboot and see if you have sound.

6. Rina

Rina Private E-2

Halo, the only yellow marks I have are next to two base system device under other devices. Plus I've already tried to download the audio driver from toshiba but when I try to install it, it first says that it only supports 84bit programs and when I try again, it says no driver supported. Should I try again anyways after installing the chipset?

7. Rina

Rina Private E-2

Halo,
    I tried what you told me to but when I tried to install the audio driver from Toshiba it just pops up saying that no driver was supported in this driver package

8. DavidGP

Hi Rina

Only thought is to try the unified driver from Realtek HERE (unified just means that its the cover all driver for various PCs)

possibly contact Toshiba support and ask about the install of the driver.

9. Rina

Rina Private E-2

But I have the driver, I've installed it and it shows up in programs.

10. DavidGP

11. lynda40

lynda40 Private E-2

12. Rina

Rina Private E-2

That's the problem, even though Realtek HD Audio Driver shows up in my programs my computer keeps telling me that no audio output device is installed
    BTW I just realized that the recovery disc I used was for a Toshiba Satellite A350, but since it also uses the same driver it shouldn't matter right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds