No Sound WMP11

Discussion in 'Software' started by wisecowboy2, Jun 16, 2009.

1. wisecowboy2

wisecowboy2 Private E-2

OS Windows XP SP3 2002
    Intel Pent. 4 2ghz and 2GB of RAM
    I have Creative SB Audigy & SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

I have no sound coming from WMP11 (Yes I checked the mute button). My computer has sound everywhere else. WMP 11 will burn, rip and play music and video but no sound. I have run Ad-Aware, SpyBot and AVG anti-virus. I have uninstalled WMP11 and installed WMP10 and that didn't work. I then uninstalled WMP10 and installed WMP11 again. That didn't work. I went to device manager and ran through all the sound drivers. All seem to be working and up to date. I am baffled. I have made sure that WMP 11 is my default player and I have checked all sound settings. Can you please help? Thank you very much.

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

You've checked the obvious things I'm assuming such as the Audio device you use is the default Audio device? WMP isn't muted?

3. wisecowboy2

wisecowboy2 Private E-2

I found the problem! It was not the mute button. LOL I also checked the audio device. That wasn't the problem either. Its a simple setting that is not used very often. Under the Sync tab at the top right there is a drop down menu. Select: More Options. Click on the Device Tab then click on speakers. Click on properties for speakers. Made sure the right audio device is selected. The crazy part is I did this many time in the Tools menu and it never worked. However, under the sync tab it worked.

4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

The path you took takes you to the same place that doing a Right Click on the Speaker Icon in your taskbar and selecting Playback Devices does ... perhaps you did something wrong initially ...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds