No Video and a loud long beep at start up??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gorgutz, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Private E-2

The computer does not display ANYTHING....it starts up with an imidiate loud and long beep.....then checks the drives at start up (I only know this cause I follow the lights from floppy to CD ROM drives) then it does nothing...no display so I can't tell what's go'n on....The monitor acts like it's not git'n any signal at all so I assume it's the video card for a a couple of reasons....1) The person who was (move'n) the 'puter did not know that the the montior conection had screw in connectors and kept yank'n on it...enough to bend some of the plates in the back....2) the loud long beep ussually means that something is not seat'd right or something.....3)...the lack of display from the monitor.....SO...my question is.....How can I git the computer to detect the video card with out be'n able to SEE any of the system setings???....I have check'd the card and it appears to be undamaged...I set it back into it's AGP slot and hook'd everything back up...BUT...still nuthing.....is there some step I'm miss'n that could help me?

2. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

what appeared to me damaged on the video card?

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

make sure the ram is seated properly.

4. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Private E-2

Nothing seems to be wrong with the video card... :rolleyes: .that's part of my delema...

5. acejones

acejones A Different Title

make sure the ram is seated properly.

6. {wizard}

{wizard} Private First Class

one long beep = video card problem ( in most bios'es)

try removing the cmos battery, remove the vid card, wait a minute or two, reseat the battery then reseat the card...

if still doesn't work, try using another videocard...

make sure it is seated properly...also make sure it doesn't need an additional power connector,

sure looks defect from here ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds