No Video Out (Building Computer)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by assh4t, Jul 15, 2004.

1. assh4t

assh4t Private E-2

Well i am building a computer, put all the parts together and i get no video out. I recently sent back the motherboard and processor to see if they were the problem, but now i still have the same problem. When i turn on the computer i see everything power on but i get no video out at all, does anyone know what could be the problem.

Yes the cpu is properly in
    yes the video card is properly seated
    yes the monitor has power

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

...hate to state the obvious but did you send back the video card to see if it was the problem..?

3. assh4t

assh4t Private E-2

no i doubt its the problem because i tried an ati radeon 9200 pci and that did work either. and i have an nvdia geforce fx 5900 xt

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Post some info see this:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/announcement.php?f=22

Could be lot's of things, with out knowing anything about your rig?
    Hear any beeps?
    Recheck all connections/remove and reseat all hardware etc.
    Check bios configuration.
    Check memory,is installed properly,timings?
    ?????????

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I'm assuming you're not getting POST OK beeps, and the system dooes not appear to initialize and begin searching for an OS.

Remaining possibilities:
    1. PSU bad/overloaded. Do the HDDs and fans spin up? Try unplugging everything by the mobo, video, RAM, and CPU. Try a different PSU
    2. Bad monitor. Try a different monitor, or a different VGA cable if that's an option.
    3. Damaged RAM. Try the RAM in a working system.
    4. Mobo is grounding out on case. Check standoffs. Take the mobo out of the case and built it on a clean, static-free, non-conductive surface. I like wooden cutting boards. You can use a flathead screwdriver to jump the power switch (jump it for 4 seconds to power off).
    5. You didn't list specs. Does the mobo have on-board VGA?
    6. CMOS data corrupted. Unplug the PSU, remove the battery, and jump the clear CMOS jumper for ~30 seconds.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds