No video output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by accerat, Apr 29, 2008.

1. accerat

accerat Private E-2

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forums, but I figured there wouldn't be a post about this, at least there wasn't on the suggester threads. One of my laptops is a toshiba Satellite 1905-S277. I broke off the motherboard DC jack, and had to disassemble the whole thing to solder a new one on. Thing is, I didn't really know what I was doing when I first started, and I took off the screen, too (for funsies ;)), and now that I put it all back together, the computer turns on fine but there is no visual. I've noticed there are two wires attached to the monitor, two of them on one line that go into the monitor. One plugs straight in, the other is one of the sliding metal/plastic paper thin ones, that doesn't seem to go anywhere. On the right corner of the monitor is a plug that goes out of the monitor that also doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'm not sure if those two are the problem or if it's something else, but any help would be appreciated, as nothing seemed to work in google. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds