No Video Signal on new PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barnz2k, Jul 9, 2005.

1. barnz2k

barnz2k Private E-2

I know this thread has been done, but noone seems to have a good answer or has resolved their issue??

I have a brand new build PC
    P 4 - 3.0Gig
    Asus P5800 mobo
    1 gig Kingmax Ram
    2 x SATA drives
    128mb Gigabyte Grfx card - 5200
    Coolermaster Cavalier case (no onboard sound?!)

Everything boots and seems to power but no signal. The coolermaster case has a 350W ATX PSU, with a 20pin mobo plug - the asus mobo has a 24pin... i now even bought the 20-24pin adapter but do difference...

tried taking out everything but whats needed to boot etc.. No speaker in the caseto connect to so no beeps..

My mate thinks its the PSU - and will try an EPS PSU?? Ive tried another graphics card also same deal.. no noboard graphics..

any ideas guys? cheers.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

The easest way that you have PC speaker for beep code when you get Problem, Mobo card tester, or Computer spare parts ... :D

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Get your self speaker to connect to your case/Mobo, Onboard Diagnostics can save alot of time & guess work, Probably can get one $2 or $3

Could be PSU, some 24pin mobos are flaky on 20pin PSU's.
    You problem can be several things, memory,memory timings, video card, CMOS (reset CMOS), PSU or even grounded or shorted MOBO, hardware not seated properly, Bios settings too!
    You might just try connecting MOBO with only basic hardware, CPU,one stick memory,video card, do this with mobo out of the case on the mobo box & see if you can post & access bios.

Another note, Those P4 3.0 cpu's run HOT hope ya got good heat sink & fan.
    A good one is Thermalright XP-90 with Panaflow fan (the H1B, 56.8 cfm), the fan doesnt come with the HS, here Link to probably the best price for one:
    http://www.jab-tech.com/catalog/Thermalright_XP90__OEM_p_2921.html
    There is also XP-90c/XP-120 which are also great but for few more bucks.

4. barnz2k

barnz2k Private E-2

tried booting off the basics, 1 ram, vid card etc.. Nothin..
    My mate currently has it and will try a new PSU, else I might try getting a speaker like u suggested..

Im only running what came with the P4 atm, and the case is has a mega fan at the back and another at the front, trying to keep it nice and cool..

Cheers guys, il post any further success/failure..

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Pentinum rigs also use 4 pin 12v atx plug from PSU to MOBO, did you have your's connected?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds