No way to change monitor settings in Win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by rdotex, Jun 27, 2010.

1. rdotex

rdotex Private E-2

I have three computers running Win7. Two are home-built and have no problems--I can change the make/model of monitor, resolution, etc. But, the other one I just installed does not allow me(as Admin) to specify what monitor I have or change the resolution, driver, etc. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

2. rdotex

rdotex Private E-2

OK. I finally got it to let me specify the monitor, but it still won't let me specify the driver or change the resolution.

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Right click anywhere on desktop and select personalize,bottom left go to display, if you dont have the correct driver or just running on the default driver you wont be able to adjust anything.right click computer and go to properties and hardware, bring up your display and update driver. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds