No/weak volume in speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by farmertx, Mar 19, 2007.

1. farmertx

farmertx Private E-2

I am using W98se with a Yamaha DS-XG PCI Audio Codec (wdm) and I have no sound or very low volume sound. Volume controls are set at their highest and the file shows everything installed and working...'cept it ain't.
    Is this something that could be solved by downloading a new driver from driveragent? And does someone have the time to tell me step by step how to do that? I tried following their directions, but obviously got something wrong. Thanks in advance, if you can help.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Did it ever work?
    Have you checked the transformer/ power supply to the speakers, the speakers themselves and the cabling?
    If you double click on the loudspeaker icon in the bottom right of the screen an window opens with a whole series of sliders. Are they properly set? You can get extra sliders by clicking on Options.

Studio T

3. farmertx

farmertx Private E-2

StudioT
    All was working before I swapped out the whole CPU because the old one had crashed. No idea about the innards of the CPU box.
    The volume and balance controls are all set high and nothing is muted. When I check devices in Properties, all shows to be working.
    Heading to work, be back this pm.

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I think we need some more information here, I was just guessing before.
    Please post
    The make and model of the computer - processor is irrelevant, but you may have disturbed something changing it.
    Are we talking about internal speakers within the main box or ones that you plug in, or the headphone jack in the CD player?
    Have you made any other changes besides the processor?

Avoid the confusion that arose on this thread

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120567

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds