No WMP11 video

Discussion in 'Software' started by scooter65, Nov 9, 2008.

1. scooter65

scooter65 Private E-2

I'm having a problem with WMP 11. My audio is fine but I don't have any video. It seems to be isolated to wmp11. I can play streaming video and powerDVD 8 works ok. I removed all codecs, rebooted and cleaned the registry with ccleaner. Then I installed Vista codec package and I still get nothing. I've also tried rolling back to wmp 10 with no luck. What else can I do ???:confused

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. scooter65

scooter65 Private E-2

I downloaded and installed the k-lite codec and it made no difference. I still have no video. Any other ideas??? I'm confused about why it would be just wmp with the problem. Could someone recommend another media player to try?

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

5. ahbat

ahbat Private E-2

Dump WMP ... go for other player.. WinAmp is a good :)

6. scooter65

scooter65 Private E-2

I've now tried quicktime and zoom player with the same results. Is there a setting somewhere - admin tools, registry- that could be turned off for video files? Could there be some malware affecting this??

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'm reading that Adobe flash must be upgraded to v10 something to correct some problems similar to what you have.
    I don't know if that will correct your problem but it is worth a try because I suspect this 10 version also addresses some security concerns.

8. scooter65

scooter65 Private E-2

I already have adobe flash v10.

9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Random things to try:

Switch to Skin Mode on the View menu rather than the default Full Mode

Update your video card driver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds