NOD Licence Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brandon, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

My NOD32 licence is about to expire and want to know if I should go after a free anti-virus like Avast or another paid anti-virus.

controlmind

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

If your happy with NOD32 and don't mind paying for the annual subscription service, then by all means keep using it. However, if you wish to change AV solutions AVAST! Home Edition provides excellent protection, AVG Free Edition is also very good.

3. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

I think i will let my NOD32 subscription run out. And then try Avast Home Edition ;)

Other suggestions are still available too...

controlmind

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I agree with SPD. If you are satisfied with NOD32 and have not experienced any problems, then I would continue my service. Do what is best for you as a user.

There are free alternatives here at MG's, if you choose. Avast and Sygate or AVG and ZoneAlarm work well together.

Steve

5. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

Avast & Sygate over here.... *highfive*

6. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

I currently have Outpost Firewall Pro and havent had any problems so far with it.

controlmind

7. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I've got NOD32. I'm resubscribing when mine runs out, particularly because of the performance of the NOD32 engine.

I see a lot of "I'm running AVG/Avast!/other freeware AV and I've got a virus" threads -- not so many here, but in general -- that make me not want to switch. I've never seen any thread anywhere where something got past NOD32. $28 annually for piece of mind.

8. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

I just want to try something different. I just installed Avast and not really liking its interface. I think i will try out Kaspersky again.

controlmind

9. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

I have chosen to use Kaspersky once again, since i like its detection and its easy interface. And the new 6.0 version is coming out soon.

controlmind

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds