Nokia Lumia 635 Rm-1078 Not Booting

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Texas7412, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

My nokia lumia 635 RM-1078 stopped working after i attempted a reset, The device shut off during a reset and now it won't boot or hard reset. Or even connect to PC what do i do?? Help please

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It probably shut off because the battery was close to 0%.

Use the factory supplied charger and plug it into a wall outlet overnight to let it charge.

Next day, remove from the charger and see if it turns on.
    If it doesn't you probably need a new battery.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi as well as great info from plodr above also pop out the battery then plug it back in and start phone again. Also and weird option is hold down the volume down + power + camera buttons and see if that reboots the phone.

4. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

It has no camera button, Volume down + power is supposed to hard reset it but all it does is restart the phone and tries loading but fails. And the battery is fully charged, I tried a new battery already and nothing changes.

5. plodr

I found different instructions for a hard reset.

Press and hold the power button. When the phone vibrates, release it and press and hold the volume down button until you see exclamation mark on the screen. Release the volume down button.
    Then press and release this sequence of keys:
    -> Volume Up.
    -> Volume Down.
    -> Power button.
    -> Volume Down.

6. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

It just restarts the phone..

7. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

It works!! i took the battery out then plugged it into PC and tried the hard reset you said and it was detected by my PC and i was able to flash new firmware for it. The whole system got erased

8. plodr

Good, you now have a working phone.
    Write down the reset directions for your phone so if you need them again, you don't have to spend time searching and finding lots of instructions.

9. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

Thank you so much.

10. plodr

You're welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds