Non Dell laptop batteris, safe/god/bad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luckyvic, Jul 19, 2011.

1. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

My wife's Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop battery is dying and the replacement from Dell is about $150. Are non Dell batteries okay to use? They're cheaper! Any other good and reliable brands/sites to buy from? Thanks in advance any info.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Native

Native Private E-2

My girlfriend and I have both bought batteries online and have yet to see any drawbacks.

I bought mine here

3. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If you buy from a reputable seller, an aftermarket battery is fine.

I've had good luck finding batteries at low prices on eBay. Just remember to stick with sellers who are in and ship from the USA (or your home country if outside the USA), have the "Top Rated Seller" icon in their listings and offer an exchange or refund in the event of a defect.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds