Non-Plug and Play Drivers (No Active Network Adapters Found)?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ExcitedNewbie, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ExcitedNewbie

ExcitedNewbie Private E-2

Hi. I have a friends laptop. He has the wireless connected but no internet. So I went into task manager because his comp said there was no active networking adapters found. Clicked show hidden devices...
    I should first mention that I used Trojan killer on a system fix malware
    his non plug and play drivers has no serial, ip network address translator or tcp/ip protocol drive.
    Is there a way to restore these or is there a way to copy my registry to his for restoration because we both have windows xp.
    thank you for any help and comments

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would be tempted to follow the below first as you mentioned malware it maybe the case that all the malware is not removed yet, not all apps can remove malware automatically and for some malware variants you may need human expert eye and instruction to remove.

If our malware experts give you the all clear then post back here and we can then try some other routes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds