Non responsive programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ichinzen, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

First program to stop responding was dvd cyberlink now it's spread to mmc.exe any fixes for this. The programs according to the eent viewer seem to stop interacting with windows.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You need to supply more info: brand and exact model of computer and Version of Windows you are running.

3. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

alienware x51 R2 with intel hardware and windows 8.1

So far only seems as though those two programs have been affected.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do both work in Safe Mode with networking ok?
    What is the event viewer info and error code given?

5. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I haven't stried safe mode the computer is working fine as if nothing happened. But as for the error codes none were given

This is what it gave me.

The program PowerDVDCinema12.exe version 12.0.3202.0 stopped responding with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Everthing else was just generic info on the program like start and stop times, application path, Report Id faulting packages (blank)

An online search using event log online help didn't find anything remotely similar so it may be the first time this error has occured. Which may explain why it doesn't have an opcode either

6. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I normally don't double post as a rule of thumb but it's been a few days since I last got any replies or help with this. Is this an issue that can't be fixed or does some kind of program or patch exist to fix this issue. Othewise I will have to pay to have a remote support deal with the issue.

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

8. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's worth a try. You have nothing to loose.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds