Non-video card related graphic issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shair, Dec 22, 2007.

1. shair

shair Private E-2

Hello everybody,

I have an issue but i don't think it is related to my videocard (see attachment, in the one with World of warcraft look at the black area at the top)) since it still occurs when i remove the drivers of the videocard i use. I get these strange coloured pixels all over my screen when playing World of warcraft, and also when i restart my computer. I would like to know what could cause these pixels. Ive been using this videocard and driver for a while and now suddenly it happens without reason.

Hope anyone can help me, thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi shair,

Had an issue with a year old Dell laptop that showed the same weird pixel arrangement as on your desktop.
    Booting into Safe Modes also had weird characters on the text screen as drivers were loading and errors on the Safe Mode desktop.
    Troubleshooting involved video driver update, chipset update, Basic BIOS utility checks and Advanced BIOS utility checks.
    Drill down on all these checks came up with video card memory failure. Video card was replaced twice with refurbished cards by Dell. (warranty work)
    Nothing fixed the problem. First video card replacement worked for 6 days and second replacement worked for 4 days.
    Motherboard replacement was the solution. I don't know if that is your problem but if you start getting BSOD's be prepared. (STOP error: 0x000000EA was 1 error code)
    I'd back up my data just in case.

This is not very helpful but some other members may have a solution.
    Good Luck.

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Can you try another video card? I've experienced that problem and the card was found to be faulty.

4. shair

shair Private E-2

Ah damn :S Well i havent gotten the errors or anything yet, only those pixels at the moment..but damn if i have to replace my motherboard ill have to replace loads of other things too :/ Meaning i might aswel buy a new computer lol. Since im a student, I dont think i can afford it in the near future.

And unfortunatley i can't test with any other videocard either since this is the only videocard i have.

this looks baddd :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds