Nonreponsive loop at ADOBE.COM with Windows VIsta Home Premium

Discussion in 'Software' started by cumor2, Jul 1, 2009.

1. cumor2

cumor2 Private E-2

My Mom has an HP Pavilion a1712n desktop computer which uses Windows Vista Home Premium with an AMD 64X 3800+ CPU and dial up connection to AOL v9.5. She needs to download and install Adobe Flashplayer and its debugger in order to view multiple pictures one after the other on her AOL Welcome screen. BY this I mean there is supposed to be a picture and then she should need to click on "next" to see the next picture but she cannot even see the first picture without Adobe Flashplayer.
    Unfortunately whenever she goes to the Adobe.com website her CPU usage goes immediately to 100% and it becomes nonresponsive. we have waited for up to 20 minutes. The only way I have found to end this loop is to go to "Task Manager" and do an "End Task" in the "Applications" window. ANY ideas as to why this is happening and how to end it so we can proceed to download Adobe Flashplayer and its debugger would be greatly appreciated.
    I can find no previous version of Adobe Flashplayer on the computer in "All Programs" under the Windows start button, or using Windows Explorer search function or in "Add/delete Programs" on the control panel. There is a version of Adobe Reader. The only oddity of note would be that the computer stopped going online about a month before we tried to get Adobe Flashplayer and got this nonresponsive loop and Staples had to reconnect the modem to the motherboard before the warrenty ran out. Please help. I am total baffled here. :(

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

You won't see it there; it's not a "program" you start as a stand-along application, it's a browser plugin.

3. cumor2

cumor2 Private E-2

Thank you for the websites where I could download Flashplayer and the Flashplayer Debugger. They worked for my Mom's computer and also for a cousin's computer that had the same never ending loop problem whenever she went to www.Adobe.com.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds