Noob needs a little advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lartomar2002, Jun 25, 2011.

1. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 Private E-2

I have a Netgear WNR2000v2 router that I have been using with a Actiontec 85Mbps powerline adapter kit. I have changed Isp roviders to Road Runner and have increased my download speed from 6Mbps to 20Mbps. I have ordered a TRENDnet 200 Mbps Powerline AV Adapter Kit TPL-303E2K.
    Do I need to change any of my internal settings in the Netgear WNR2000v2, ie: speed or any other you might think of to accommodate this new environment. Thanks

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

no need to change any settings, i have a powerline 200 set up on the PCs and TV it automatically sets itself.

It also come with a small CD that installs an application to let you monitor the performance.

3. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 Private E-2

Thanks, I know the powerline adapter sets itself, I was wondering about the router.

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

The router will also pick up the extra speed automatically.

5. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 Private E-2

Thank you guys very much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds