Norton 2006 prob

Discussion in 'Software' started by lenajones, Apr 16, 2006.

1. lenajones

lenajones Private E-2

I ugraded my Grandmother's Norton Antivirus 2004 with Norton Internet Security 2006 on her PC running Windows XP. Immediatly after Norton ran it's update and system scan I was unable to connect to the internet or receive or send email. I was able to prior to running the update. She has a dial up connection, it would connect buy wasn't able to use IE at all. I went through the tech support with the ISP and all was set good on that end. I thought maybe it was Norton so I uninstalled, but still can't connect. Please do you have any ideas?? Thanks

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. lenajones

lenajones Private E-2

can I save this tool to a disk? I am unable to access the tool via the internet on the troubled computer. Thanks so much for your response. LJ

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Yes, I think so. Sorry about that. ;)

Steve

5. lenajones

lenajones Private E-2

Ok thanks so much. I have saved it to a CD and now have to wait until the weekend before I can get back to Gram's. Wow, I really hope this works, keep your fingers crossed. Thanks again!!!!!! LJ

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I hope it works as well. If you get by there sooner let us know, we can try some other things. :)

Steve

7. lenajones

lenajones Private E-2

Thanks Steve, oh by the way, do you have any suggestions on what we should use to replace Norton, as this may be the cause of the problem

lena

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Yes. When you get there and get NAV/NIS totally removed from the computer and are able to connect, I would use the anti-virus and firewall below. These are just my preference, you might get some other thoughts. Both are very good.

AVG Free Edition Anti-virus http://majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall http://majorgeeks.com/ZoneAlarm_Free_d388.html

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds