Norton anti virus

Discussion in 'Software' started by markfisherman, Dec 6, 2004.

1. markfisherman

markfisherman Private E-2

Just this day i had a discussion with a friend of mine about protecting your pc. He said that norton was the best programme to have it done so. Now i think that for instance, AntiVir, Easycleaner, Spybot and a firewall would do a far better job. Now what do you guys think of it, and what are the reasons for it?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

do a search in the software forum for "best antivirus" and there you will have your answer.

3. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

or you could just answer the question . . assuming you know the answer . . .

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I could and I do, but why repeat myself over and over and over. My answers are in those posts.

5. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

post a link maybe? ill do a search right now for sure but while your point is made learly via your previous post . . .aka "do your researh first" why not help along with a link as well - two birds w/ one stone - i mean you took the time to post to begin with, right? and im NOT knocking you by saying the following but :) by simply telling us to search servs what purpose? i used to do that too but if that's what youre gonna say and thats it - dont post - u can make a point and be helpfull too - but i agree it does get frustrating - just a thought bro :cool:

6. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

I have tryed Trend internet 2005-not good at blocking scripts,kaspersky-slowed computer down too much,extendia pro-slowed computer WAY DOWN,Mcafee internet security-would detect virus' but not fix them, I didn't want to try AVAST because it didn't recieve 100% rating at virus bulliten
    http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/tests.xml?200406
    so I ended up with NAV2005, good at blocking scripts,high detection rates, good interface, didn't slow my computer down too much- see what you think

7. DRACONIAN

DRACONIAN Private E-2

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Advanced Search

9. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Welcome to the boards.

Telling you to do a "search" serves to maybe teach you to find things for yourself, instead of having others do it for you. Too many times today folks want things handed to them, instead of doing the footwork themselves. It's always better to learn for yourself, then to have others do it for you. It's that whole "teach a man to fish" thingy.

10. Learning As I Go

Learning As I Go Sergeant

I agree with Suesman. I always try and research before posting. Whether it be here or browser search a particular nasty. Also, you must appreciate especially in Kodo's case (20,000+ posts), the question has been answered several times over. Even over the course of a couple of days, I've seen multiple repeats.

Enough of the rant, back to the original post:

I love Avast. Every other day (it seems) I am notified "Avast virus database has been updated". Gee thanks, I didn't have to do anything at all. Now if they could just do something about those sirens - And then telling me "don't be alarmed". Whatta mean don't be alarmed you just scared the crap out of me :) :) :) .

11. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Kodo. tried that advanced search link just for the heck of it and it works great. It is a great tool. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Jackl

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds